Camping is one of the most exciting activities to enjoy with friends and family. It can be a time of adventure, bonding and fun. With a great portable am FM radio, your camping trip can be made so much easier and better. They offer durability, efficiency and functionality with several features like LED Light, SOS alerts, NOAA channels and USB charging. Not only can you also enjoy music, weather alerts, and so much more, you can power your mobile phone using your radio, so you never have to have a dead cell battery and no way to charge it to get in contact with others.
While you’re camping and enjoying nature, every survivalist knows the importance of getting the best camping radios to stay informed and entertained. These are top quality radios with all the features and functions you would need while exploring the world outdoors. We know picking the best portable emergency radio can be a bit of a tough pickle. So we have also made available a list of a few crucial factors to consider before making your final pick from these amazing radios.
Table of Contents
15 Best Portable Radios for Camping
1. Eton Radio
The Eton camping radios are great quality portable radios with hand cranked generator, solar power charging using the solar panel and a rechargeable battery. The weather alert radio has emergency weather alerts and channels to help keep you informed about changing weather conditions so you can make proper preparation ahead of time. You also get to stay entertained with music played with the aux-in and programs on several radio channels.
- The am and FM/NOAA radio has a 1w led flashlight.
- It has Bluetooth technology.
- The radio is splashproof for protection and durability.
- You can charge your mobile phone using this radio.
- It is not waterproof.
- The buttons can be difficult to access and have writings that are hard to read.
2. FosPower Emergency Radio
While you camp, a power outage is not an issue. With the 1w led flashlight and reading light, you can be sure you are equipped to light your way or study at night or in dark places. You can also charge up your battery manually with the crank or with the solar panel and use the am/FM radio 2000mah power bank and batteries to recharge your phones. The emergency weather radio has NOAA weather channels to get updates on weather within your area.
- This is the best radio with impeccable sound quality and frequency range.
- The aaa batteries can be powered using the manual crank, solar or electrical power sources.
- The emergency radio is light and portable.
- It has a loud SOS alarm, which comes in handy for alerting people around when you’re in an emergency.
- It doesn’t have a headphone jack.
3. RunningSnail Portable Radio
This is a portable am/FM/NOAA weather radio that is reliable, efficient and easy to use. It has a design that sets it among the best portable radios. It can be powered in multiple ways with rechargeable 4000 mAh li-ion batteries, hand crank, USB charging and solar options.
- The camping radios can be used to charge your cell phone.
- It is a great emergency weather radio that gives access to NOAA stations.
- It has a bright 1w led flashlight for lighting up your room or way in the dark.
- The radio doesn’t provide a weather alert feature.
4. ARCBLD Multifunction Radio
When you pack for an amazing calling adventure and wish to get the an excellent camping radio, these ARCBLD camping radios are a must-have. You not only have USB, solar, hand-crank radio charging options, but you can also use the emergency radio has a 4000mAh power bank for your phones when you have no access to a power source. This comes in handy during an emergency with a power outage.
- The portable am/FM/NOAA weather radio is convenient, lightweight and easy to carry.
- It has an SOS alarm to use to call for attention and help when you are in distress.
- The radio has a bright LED flashlight and reading light.
- It doesn’t use regular batteries.
5. AOXLANT Radio
This is the right choice for an excellent radio for camping with its loud and clear sound quality, portable weight and lasting aaa batteries. The device is dubbed by many as one of the best, And with this radio you are assured you’d get the best performance you’d expect from any am/FM NOAA radio on the market. This weather radio provides you access to weather channels and a suitable frequency range.
- This is a portable radio perfectly designed to be suited for emergencies.
- It has a loud SOS alarm that goes off with lasting batteries to call for help.
- It can be hand cranked, also feature solar and USB charging and also has a 2000mAh power bank.
- It provides you with a LED flashlight and reading light.
- Solar charging takes a long time and might be best used for only sustaining battery life.
6. Tiemahun Radio
Enjoy the value provided by the one of the best radios on the shelves when you purchase it for your exciting camping trip. This efficient radio is your perfect backup in an emergency or power outage with the power bank and its LED flashlight. The solar panel uses solar energy to keep your device powered throughout your trip, even in the absence of a power outlet.
- The weather radio gives access to NOAA weather stations.
- It has a portable weight so it doesn’t burden you and can easily be used during camping activities.
- This camping radio can be charged using a micro USB charging, solar and hand crank options.
- The wall adapter and charging cable are not included.
7. Geattist Beacon 1 Emergency Solar Radio
Kit up to survive in the wild with this amazing weather radio that’s great for camping trips. This radio has an SOS alarm. Other features that ensure emergencies are well taken care of ahead of time, so there is no need to panic or worry. No part of this trip has to lack entertainment and news with a portable radio like this, which can easily be kept working all through even when there is no power, with charging options like the head crank.
- Keep your cell phone on with the radio’s power bank.
- The flash is exceptionally bright and is capable of lighting up a distance up to 100 meters.
- It has alert functions to make sure to get notified about important information promptly.
- It is not entirely waterproof and needs to be kept away from water.
8. HOSHINE Multi-Functional Radio
The HOSHINE portable radio belongs to the list of amazing camping radios that would give the best to satisfying your needs. The am/FM radio, using AA batteries, solar, hand cranked and Micro USB charging, allows for versatility and flexibility with several options to select from in powering your radio and cell phone, whatever issues you might face while you camp.
- It has several channels to enjoy music and news.
- It has excellent sound and clear reception.
- It is durable and efficient.
- The radio has a camping lantern and flash.
- The stations often are continually changing.
9. SOLELOZ AM/FM Radio
This radio sets you up to be prepared for whatever might happen during your adventures. You can be certain your radio would stay powered with rechargeable li-ion batteries, aaa batteries, hand crank and solar panel. These am/FM radios also have a power bank for charging your cell phone during an emergency or power outage.
- The NOAA weather alert radio has emergency weather alerts and access to weather stations.
- It has an SOS alarm for emergencies.
- With the flashlight, you can get lighting for up to 12 hours.
- It has a battery indicator that shows you the current level of available battery power.
- It comes with a user manual.
- It is not waterproof.
10. Rocam Radio
This portable radio has 4 charging options- hand crank, solar power supplies by the solar panels, USB with the AC adapter and regular batteries, so regardless of circumstances you’re in, you can always very conveniently charge your radio. The SOS alarm feature gives a loud siren sound when you need help getting out of a sticky situation and ward off predators. Enjoy all the best am/FM stations with access to music, NOAA weather updates and news with this radio..
- It has a bright 3w led flashlight and 2.5w 6-led reading light.
- It is designed to be easy to operate with a quick tuning knob button.
- It has a waterproof shell.
- The radio comes with a manual.
- It doesn’t have an allowance for an auxiliary cord.
11. Kaito KA340 Radio
These are easy to use and lightweight radios to use for your camping trip. Enjoy your favorite radio stations with these radios. You can keep this radio, cell phone and other USB devices charged without access to a power source during an emergency, storm or power outage.
- With this NOAA weather alert radio, you get access to several weather stations for updates and alerts.
- The radio has Bluetooth voice function, an MP3 player and a card reader with up to 32GB capacity.
- It is a 5-way powered radio to help you stay prepared for anything.
- The test siren can be annoying if you only want the alarm going off during emergencies.
- The cord is very short, with only about 5 inches in length.
12. Greadio Radio
Feel safe on the go with these best portable radios that equip you for anything you need in an emergency during your camping experience. You not only get to kit up and be prepared for emergencies, but you can also enjoy music and listen to FM stations with these radios. It also has a bright reading light with two modes: the auto on/off using the motion sensor when you are within 3 meters and 135° angle of radio and the manual use mode.
- This portable radio serves as a power bank during emergencies.
- It recharges using different power sources, including the hand crank or solar panels.
- It is designed to be durable, portable and lightweight.
- It can not withstand being immersed in water.
13. Panasonic RF-2400D AM / FM Radio
In choosing your best radio for camping, the Panasonic RF 2400D should be on your mind. These camping radios are trusted with great frequency and sound with the built-in speaker and antenna. The Panasonic radio aims to bring excitement and companionship throughout your trip, so you are never bored, stranded or alone.
- It supports the use of earpieces and headphones.
- It has a tuner display and knob that is easy to access and operate.
- It has small and portable dimensions.
- The required aa batteries are not included.
14. Sony ICF-506 Analog Tuning Portable FM/AM Radio
During storms and emergencies, there are likely to be frequently occurring power outages or unavailability of power sources. This radio has you ready to go with its large aa batteries or the AC adaptor. It also has a mono speaker that provides loud and crystal clear sound and a robust and sensitive radio tuner, making it a quality was one of the top quality radios.
- You can enjoy access to several am stations.
- It is a small, handy and portable radio with a built-in handle.
- It has a convenient analog tuning integrated into its design.
- Its microprocessors use a lot of power, leading to quickly drained batteries.
15. Sangean MMR-88 AM/FM Radio.
Pick only the best quality radio for camping alone or with friends and family to ensure you have the perfect backup emergency kit. This portable radio has an excellent blackout LCD display on the bold screen displaying your radio state. It provides features such as the weather alert, siren, flashlight and others to allow you to gain a lot of value from purchasing this am/FM radio compared to several other radios.
- It uses solar/hand crank charging. When there are no available power sources, solar panels and dynamo power are available alternatives.
- It has shock resistant rubber, so it is robust, sturdy and durable.
- These radios have micro USB and headphone jack.
- It doesn’t come with an adaptor.
- The radio is not waterproof.
Overall Best Buy
Our Best Buy choice is the ETON Ultimate Camping Radio. This radio is splashproof to protect it from being damaged from an accidental spill. It also has Bluetooth streaming, S. A. M. E technology and access to NOAA channels. You can stay updated about the weather situation around you. It is easy to use, powerful and easy to carry. It brings you only the best quality you need for an amazing camping experience.
Best Budget Buy
Saving up shouldn’t be impossible, and the Tiemahun Camping Radio brings you great value at an affordable price. There’s no need to go past your budget when you already can get the best with these solar-powered radios you can use to survive out in the wild. It also has Micro USB charging and hand crank charging and gives great sound, range and quality.
Considerations choosing Portable am fm Radios for Camping
There should be no need to settle for a low quality radio when you can ensure you purchase one with high quality. To get the best portable AM/ FM weather radio, you need to be deliberate about the choice you make. There are many great options. However, it is best to carefully consider several factors and features of the camping radio in relation to your needs to make sure that the radio comes equipped with everything you require for the best performance. To make the process easier and aid your selection, our article contains a few important considerations to ensure you get the best radio for your camping trip.
An indispensable factor in selecting the best radio is the quality of sound or audio. To fully enjoy all your camping radio has to offer, you need to ensure it can provide you the best sound quality radios can offer. Your audio should not sound distorted, shrill or muffled. A clear and loud audio makes it easier to hear and understand information passed on the radio or simply enjoy music and the different programs while engaging in camping activities.
Mother Nature brings many, sometimes unpleasant, surprises, but they don’t have to be unexpected or catch you ill-prepared. With the best portable weather radio, you can stay updated about weather changes on the available NOAA weather channels. Several camping radios also provide alerts and weather warnings to notify you of impending heavy stormy weather in your vicinity. Even when caught in bad weather, your radio is your companion through it all. Waterproof radios are essential in any emergency kit, so you are confident you are genuinely constantly prepared for any emergencies and unpleasant weather changes that may arise.
During your camping trip, the range can easily be tampered with due to changes in terrain and the presence of several obstructions. An higher end radio assures you of an impressive range so you can continually enjoy great reception throughout your camping experience. While different radios boast of different frequency ranges, your selected camping radio should provide you only the best of this, with the expected range within camping environments on a trip remaining quite impressive in real-life usage.
Your best portable radio has to stay on for you to enjoy all its amazing features. It is important to consider the radio’s battery power and expected battery life in selecting the right radio to purchase. This is simply a non-negotiable requirement. We have ensured to only include radios with the best battery performance in our list of camping radios. Your radio should be able to offer several hours to an entire day of continual use.
While outdoors, it is necessary to consider how to power and recharge your camping radio to keep it functioning throughout the trip. Some radios provide several options of methods to power your radio’s rechargeable battery while you are still on the move outdoors. One of the ways you can choose to recharge your radio is micro USB charging. This allows convenient charging of your device using an electrical power outlet or source, solar charging, which leverages on the power provided by the sun. It is made possible with the solar panels often included in the radio design and the manual crank, which you can use to wind up and power your internal battery. It is often better to purchase a radio that provides the most choices. Hence, you have various methods to recharge your device depending on which is most feasible and most convenient.
Where to purchase the best camping radio?
To get the best portable radio, you can visit your nearby electronics store to shop for the camping radios they have in store. It can help make your inquiries about the preferred radio choices for your needs before doing so. You can also ask for the assistance and input of attendants to ensure you able the right selection.
Your local electronics stores may sometimes not have the radio you hope to get. In this case, a great alternative to purchasing your camping radio would be websites and online stores. Online, you can easily access a much wider range of brand and product options and prices along with fully detailed product information. The process is considered more convenient with less stress and quick delivery, so it is a preferred option for several individuals. Another advantage of internet shopping is that you also get to assess the camping radio reviews to make sure the radio comes with all the several features you require in actual use and provides a good user experience before you make a purchase. However, it is vital to be on the lookout for dubious websites and pages online and only to use trusted sites to avoid complications.