While you plan an event, you need to coordinate your team carefully to ensure everyone is working in tandem, and everything goes according to plan. This requires staying in constant close communication. An event planner knows the importance of staying on top of the communication game. No chances can be taken that might ruin the hard work they put into making every event or activity one of the very best.
Walkie talkies are an effective way to do so. These quality communication gadgets give you the best communication over a long-range, even in areas with poor service for mobile phones. All the event radios we have listed in this buying guide are the best for keeping communication at your numerous events with their several available channels and clear audio. The two-way radio you decide to purchase would primarily affect how well you can keep in touch with your team and, in effect, how well planned and executed your event would be. We understand the importance of selecting the best radios for your needs, which is why we have provided you a few important factors to keep in mind as you make your pick from our list below.
Table of Contents
15 Best Event Planner Walkie Talkies
1. Seodon Radios
These two-way radios are upgraded models from Seodon. They are the best walkie talkies to use for event planning as they are portable, easy to use and effective. With its durable battery life, you can stay connected with your team members for more extended periods at a go. The radios have VOX, Time-Out Timer (TOT), channel scan and battery-saving features to increase efficiency.
- The UHF radio has a range reaching up to 3 miles to help you communicate over long distances on the site.
- The 16 channel radio comes with an earpiece and an extra battery included in the package.
- The walkie talkies don’t require any licensing and are USB rechargeable for fast and convenient charging.
- Conditions of application may affect reception.
2. Motorola Talkabout T265
This is a 22 channel radio with 121 privacy codes from Motorola. Communications within your team only get easier and better with the many functions that the Motorola Talkabout T265 offers to increase efficiency during any event or activity. This device has a simple design with a push to talk button you can easily press to converse with others.
- The two-way radio has 22 channels, and a frequency range up to an astonishing maximum of 25 miles in ideal conditions.
- Its emergency features ensure every member’s safety and allow you to raise an alarm and promptly call for help.
- The required battery packs and belt clip are included in the package.
- Fixtures limit the range in the environment and obstructions present during the event.
3. Rivins RV-7
The 2-way radios come with AA batteries, which can easily be replaced with another battery when drained and AAA rechargeable batteries to offer you another way to power your device. These UHF walkie talkies are great for communication with a good range over a long distance of 5 miles in an open field.
- It is a 22 channel two way radio with 99 privacy codes to make it easy to find a frequency band to make your call on.
- The LCD Display with backlight allows you to view the details about your radio and view the status of all the features.
- It has a keypad lock to avoid any accidental tampering with channels or settings.
- The required batteries are not included in the package.
- The range drops to about 1.2 miles in places with more obstructions.
4. LUITON Mini Radio
The Luiton mini radio can provide a solution to event planners’ several issues as they work on-site. The affordable UHF radio is as small and portable as mobile phones often are and have an impressive range reaching a maximum of 10 miles with less obstruction. It has 16 memory channels ready for you to use in effectively carrying out your numerous tasks.
- The 16 channel radio comes with a multi-charger and rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack that powers the device for a long time.
- The two-way radio is dust and waterproof to increase durability.
- The package includes the programming cable and software, saving you stress and extra cost.
- It has a squelch function to help remove background noise and give clearer audio.
- You have to get licensing to use these radios legally.
- The package does not include the required headsets.
5. Retevis RT7
Event planners would love these amazing two way radios with communication headsets for events. They have a compact design that makes them easy to use for all team members, including those who may not have prior knowledge or experience with the radios. The FM radio provides information and entertainment without affecting communication.
- The 16 channel radios have repeater capability, which allows you to listen to previous calls.
- It has a long battery life lasting up to 12 hours and a range that covers long distances to give a better connection.
- The VOX function enables you to operate your 2-way radio without pushing a single button, which is perfect for a situation when you are very busy.
- it comes with two types of earpieces to give you a variety to choose from without extra cost.
- Obstructions can limit the range.
- It doesn’t have a vibrating feature to help alert you of an incoming private signal.
6. Retevis RT28
These Retevis walkie talkies are light and small with a design that makes them ready and easy to use by everyone. The two-way radio comes with a lithium-ion battery that provides a durable battery life and is easily rechargeable with a dual port. These devices allow you to communicate over a long-range by merely using the sensitive push to talk button or operating it hands-free.
- These are great communication devices with a good range that can be easily carried from place to place.
- It produces crystal clear sound with loud audio.
- The radio has a long battery life with a battery-saving function.
- It doesn’t come with a programming cable.
7. Greaval Radios
The two-way radio for event planners comes with 16 channels preset with 50 CTCSS/ 105 DCS privacy codes for private connection without interference. Communications with your client or the people on your team as you work on-site to set things in place are easier to handle and portable design and a wide coverage that this UHF radios offer.
- The 16 channel radio uses a quality Li-ion battery to provide up to 12 hours of continuous working time.
- It has an LED torch, voice prompt and emergency alarm features.
- It comes with accessories and a manual.
- This model is not compatible with many radios.
8. DEWALT DXFRS300
These DEWALT communication devices are great for event management and planning jobs as they provide features to make it easier for staff to connect and carry out their functions in offering service to everyone at the event. This weather radio can withstand use in any tough environment as it is dust resistant, waterproof and shock-resistant.
- The 2-way radio has 22 channels and a clear, bold LCD Display.
- People using this walkie talkie can use its long-range to communicate clearly over a long distance with its wide coverage.
- It has a quality battery life with power-saving functions.
- It doesn’t come with extra replacement batteries.
- It has a limited range.
9. Motorola Talkabout T465
Motorola overcame expectations with this quality event planning walkie talkie that allows for a flexible 35-mile long range of communication among team members even in areas with poor network service. The Motorola Talkabout T465 has 22 channels, so it is easy to find your staff an available channel to connect without delay.
- These 2-way radios use UHF waves to penetrate through any obstructions and give you better transmission.
- The device has a NOAA weather alert feature so that no one in your team is unaware of changing weather conditions.
- Once you connect to your headset, all sound goes there, so the speakers are silent, and the walkie talkie sets to the sensitivity level previously selected out.
- It has a low modulation of transmitting audio.
- Reverb sound can be loud and is not adjustable.
10. Retevis H-777
Being able to stay informed and to pass instructions and get prompt feedback is important to effective event management. Event management Keep up communication with your team as you plan your events with these 16 channel two way radios. They come in color black and have upgraded features and parts to ensure a better user experience and to make it easier for people to communicate with.
- Staff can use this device to reach each other quickly during an emergency with the alert button, which sends alerts to other members of the team.
- It has a long range and lasting battery power.
- The intelligent charging feature allows you to charge several radios at once, saving you a lot of time.
- Its volume isn’t very loud to be used in very noisy places.
11. Midland GXT1000VP4
This walkie talkie is a radio event planners would enjoy using for event management to organize their team during events. It gives you a decent range for quality communication over a good distance, and with the weather alerts, you can get notified of any weather changes and severe weather conditions, which is important in order to plan ahead and ensure there is no disruption.
- This is a 50 channel device that ensures that under any circumstances, you get an available channel to use.
- The lithium battery keeps it powered for longer.
- Boom headsets and a user manual are included in the package.
- Children under three years are at risk of choking on small parts.
- It takes several hours to fully charge this radio.
12. Ansoko Walkie Talkies
If you want to maintain great communication as is needed for event planning and event management, this walkie talkie is a great way to go. This radio has some very exciting features and a good range, even in real-life applications, especially at events.
- It has 16 channels and uses UHF waves to improve range.
- It comes in a pack of 10, making it a good choice for a large team as it saves costs of buying multiple smaller pack radios.
- The package includes the required batteries and chargers.
- The range covers a poor distance indoors.
13. Motorola T260TP
These are handy Motorola products that are perfect for use at events. The Motorola T260TP two way radio has some features to make it easy to stay in touch and stay safe as you enjoy communication on its 22 channels, which have been pre-programmed and come ready for you to use.
- The UHF device provides a good range of up to 25 miles in ideal conditions.
- This is a quality two-way radio with battery power that can last long hours of use.
- It is compact, portable and can be synced to several other radios.
- You might not be able to access NOAA channels on this walkie talkie in certain areas.
- Batteries take long hours to fully charge.
14. TIDRADIO TD-60
As you get busy with your team trying to plan out the best for upcoming events, it becomes increasingly important to know what everyone else is up to and to ensure everyone is doing what needs to be done. Event management requires constant clear and quality communication, and these radios are perfect for that. It is designed to ensure that its features can be used to address the needs you might have in order to give you some great value for your money.
- It has 16 channels and uses UHF waves to provide you the best in terms of transmission range.
- The radio provides convenience for users while in use and in charge.
- It has great audio quality, so you can hear voices clearly without unnecessary static noise or distortion.
- Belt clips and straps can be attached easily and securely without the use of screws.
- The range is limited by terrain.
15. BaoFeng 888S
These waterproof two-way radios are an inexpensive choice that provides you some amazing features and uses UHF for a decent range. For smooth event management, this BaoFeng walkie is easy to handle and use and has a very simple design so anyone can make use of it. With this radio, you get crystal clear sound with noise processing to reduce background noise.
- With the built-in LED torch, it is suited for use even in the dark.
- It has an emergency alert, so it is ready to use during any emergency at an event.
- The belt clip and strap the package comes with allow you to attach the radio to your clothes or your wrists for easy portability.
- The battery life can be improved on.
Overall Best Buy
Our choice for the best walkie talkie you can get for event planners is the Dewalt DXFRS300. This two-way radio is waterproof and shock-resistant, and it has a bold LCD Display. It not only has a very long-range, considering it was designed for heavy-duty, but it also comes pre-programmed with 22 channels and 2,662 combinations, which makes it easy to find an available channel to make use of during an event.
Best Budget Buy
If you are shopping for the best walkie talkie you can get for your event at the most affordable price; the BaoFeng 888S is our recommendation. This radio has an impressive range, sturdy body, simple design and a great reputation among walkie talkie users. It comes with an earpiece included in its package and is also waterproof to protect it against water damage.
Considerations for choosing the best walkie talkies for events
During your event, however well planned it might be, chances are people in your team would likely run into a few emergencies. It’s best to be safe and equipped to have quick and effective communication should such incidents arise. Being stuck alone and helpless would only lead to panic and disorderliness, none of which are desirable for the individuals involved or the event. The earlier you can contact others for help and address the problem, the earlier it can be sorted out and solved. Your two-way radios should provide you with features that would suffice during an emergency so that you can promptly call other members of the team for support.
Your radios should be able to provide you a reasonably long distance of coverage so you can communicate with others clearly even if they are far away. Normally, the frequency range is affected by the terrain. To get all the best you can in terms of the range, some radios use UHF waves. What makes UHF so useful is that the waves can penetrate through several obstructions making it easier to communicate a good long way. Also, consider the events you intend to use the walkie in to make the right pick. Some radios are best suited for small events, while others would work great for larger ones.
Organizing an event often involves several activities at the site and staying busy. This means you need a radio that is easy to use and allows you to access it without you having to use your busy hands to press a button. Your walkie should have a VOX function that will enable you to activate it and communicate with your team while keeping it strapped on or attached to clothes with the belt clips, which are often included in the package.
The radio you select should have a long battery life, which allows for up to 12 hours of continued usage. The battery determines how well your radio can perform. Nothing is more frustrating than having a great radio that can’t stay on long enough to get the job done. A great idea would be to get a walkie that is rechargeable and convenient to charge, so you can always plug it in once it’s low and get it running again at the event or to purchase one with easily replaceable batteries.
The sound quality of your walkie is one of the most important things to consider. However small or large the event you are planning, you need to be able to hear clearly and loudly and be sure your voice is audibly received on the other end so you can have the best communication within your team. Several of the two-way radios we have listed provide event planner headsets, which can help ensure crystal clear audio and allow some privacy in passing information when in a crowd.
Event planners know best the importance of sticking to a well thought out budget. While you want to get the best VHF radios, you do not need to break the bank to do so. Some very inexpensive walkie talkies have amazing features and an incredible range. Our list contains radios with an affordable communication package, including professional walkie talkies with headsets, which can even compete with a radio of a higher price and would undoubtedly add great value to your event.
Event Planner Walkie Talkie FAQs
How to connect two walkie talkies
Understanding how to connect your radios properly, especially if they are not of the same brand, is one of the most common questions we get inquired about. To connect any two way radios to each other, you much ensure that the walkie talkies you intend to sync are compatible. First, try setting them to the same frequency band or channel and attempt to see if there would be any communication between them. If there is none, it is likely that the DCS (Digital Coded Squelch codes) are not compatible. To solve this, simply put the DCS feature off. To get the best connection throughout the event, ensure you are within range of the receiver.
Where to buy the best walkie talkie for event planners
You can get your walkie talkie from any electronics store nearby. Before going to any store to purchase a VHF radio, it is helpful to make some inquiries about the models, features and specifications that would be great for your event and work best to suit your need. You can also go into the store and seek assistance from any of the attendants there or opinions from other buyers before selecting a walkie talkie.
If the store is closed or may not have the products you wish to get, shopping online is a great alternative. If you choose to order the walkie talkies online, you have access to several options. However, ensure you consider the reputation of the website or store you are purchasing from to avoid any mishaps. Before choosing your product, you can also go through the reviews and ratings to get the best user experience.