Looking for a walkie talkie and wondering what the Retevis H-777 is like? Here we have reviewed the H777 2 way radio, thoroughly tested its quality and durability.
Getting the best receiver that gives clear signals free from cracks and lags is not a walk in the park. Choosing the right one can be a tedious process.
Are you searching for the best two-way communication device? Do you want to get a hand-held-held device for your business? I hope you have done your research correctly. Getting an excellent two-way communication device is not as easy as you might expect.
Nevertheless, Retevis saves you the hassle and gives you stress-free communication devices to connect with friends and family. Before you buy any hand-held radio, ensure you do thorough and proper research on the product before you make a purchase. The reason for this is because getting an excellent two-way radio can be extremely difficult, especially if you are looking for one that provides all your needs and is within your budget range. In your search for the best two-way communication radio, you are most likely to come across hundreds of radios on the market that offer different features and fit into different budget range. Therefore, getting an excellent two-way communication radio can very tricky.
However, Retevis saves you the struggle and gives you a stress-free communication with all your loved ones. Before we dive into this walkie talkie or two-way communication radio, let’s look at what it means to have a walkie talkie in the first place and its use and importance.
Table of Contents
- 1 Retevis H777 walkie talkie Review
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion.
Retevis H777 walkie talkie Review
The H-777 has a sleek and ergonomic design that makes it easy and comfortable to hold. The device weighs just 180 gms. The device fits comfortably into your hands and pocket without stress. The easy to use belt clip means that you can store the radio away on your hip and free your hands to do other things.
This walkie talkie provides a clear sound while communicating with your work members or relatives thanks to its sleek speakers. It features a built-in LED light that ensures the display is visible even in the dark or areas with poor lumination. It also has an emergency alarm that’s designed to keep you safe. The high and low power function that comes with the device helps to suit whatever environment the user is in. The Retevis H-777 box comes with six devices, and each device comes with its earpiece, charger, belt clip, batteries, and antenna.
The radios have a built-in microphone that works with the earpiece. This way, you are guaranteed to stay connected even in crowded and noisy environments. The device also has a reliable battery that promises a long talk time.
The Retevis H777 features 16 channels that will comfortably operate between three to five miles range. The Retevis H-777 features CTCSS and DCS squelch for communication across long distances. They also work on 440 bands and GMTS frequencies. How good the range would be is mostly dependent on the weather and obstructions in the terrain.
The capabilities and range of the H-777 are limited, and this why this walkie talkie is not ideal for outdoor activities. Although the manufacturer promised a ten-mile range, the range is between three to four miles depending on the environment. The range is easily disrupted by structures like cars, houses, trees, and so on. To get the most out of this radio, you would need to use it in open areas and fields.
The new PTT button on the H777 is excellent and much better than that of previous models. The PTT can be operated in all kinds of weather, and even if you are wearing gloves, no problem. The device has a scanner that enables you to keep track of your conversations. Its acoustic headset means you can keep your conversation private while engaging in other activities that involve both hands.
The Retevis H-777 radio has some limited functionalities, making it a strong suit for mostly indoor activities.
Time out Timer (TOT)
The device comes with TOT whose function is to prevent any radio from talking in one channel for a long time. It also helps to prevent the transceiver from getting damaged due to continuous transmission. However, should the transmitting exceed the TOT pre-set time, the radio will audibly notify you.
Power protection Function
Transmission of the Retevis H-777 will be deterred if the working voltage is beyond the standard supplying voltage, especially when the radio is in normal use or maintenance. For instance, if the voltage is beyond 5V or below 3V, the transmission will automatically be prohibited. The radio will not power on if the voltage is higher than 5V.
This walkie talkie also comes with CTCSS and DCS. This is the sub-audio signaling that prevents the radio from receiving unwanted signals on the same channel. Once the CTCSS/DCS is set, you will only receive signals from the same channel with the same CTCSS/DCS setting.
Flashlight and the Emergency Alarm Button
This hand-held radio also features a bright LED flashlight and an emergency alarm button to ensure you have no problem in areas with little or no illumination. The emergency button offers you safety protection in danger.
The Retevis H-777 has a clear communication if you are using it for a close range of outdoor activities or using it within a hall. This communication device features a good speaker and headset. This ensures that you can keep in touch with your family members or employees while keeping your communications confidential.
Convenient Charging and Battery Life
The Retevis H-777 comes with a 1000 mAH Li-ion battery capable of lasting for eight to nine hours or even more. To recharge this two-way communication device fully, you will need to have it plugged for only two hours.
Each one of the hand-held sets comes with its separate charging base. When charging, the charging base displays a red light that turns green when it’s full. It also comes with a USB charger, ensuring you don’t have to find a power source before charging it. You can simply charge the device on your computer.
These radios will work with DCS and CTCSS. When it comes to part ninety use, you’ll find a basic inversion scrambler but only a single inversion point. These radios also work on 440 band and GMRS frequencies. The lightweight, compact design of the device makes these two-way communication devices easy to tote around.
• The hand-held device radio comes with an in-built flashlight, which can come in handy during emergencies or places with low illumination.
• Many consumers agree that the H-777 radios are repeater capable and are also easy to program. The radio is capable of working with DCS or CTCSS.
• The device is light and compact, making it easy to tote around.
• Another interesting feature is how fast the device charges. You only need two hours to charge your device fully, and it will last for 6-8 hours.
• A lot of people have made complaints about the earpiece, labeling it to be awkward and uncomfortable to use.
• The short-range capabilities of the walkie talkie limit the use of the device. Therefore, it isn’t a great choice to take with you on trips to the backcountry.
• Some other customers also complained about the durability of the device. They complained the case was not tough enough and, as a result, broke too easily.
The Retevis H-777 is pocket-friendly and affordable. This is one of the things that makes this hand-held radio device a steal on the market. With just $55 – $60, you can get the device for yourself.
Does the Radio work with Other Brand Radio?
• Check if the frequency of their device is with 400-470 MHz. If it is, program to the same frequency and the same CTCSS/DCS. Once this is done, they can communicate with each other.
Why is receiving Signal noisy?
• This is most likely due to signal interference. To fix this, go to an open area and have a try. Also, you can try changing the CTCSS and DCS by programming the radio.
• It can be that the Squelch level is too low. Try turning up the Squelch level by programming the radio.
• Check to see if the antenna is installed correctly. This could as well be the problem.
• It could also be a problem with the radio speaker. Try using the earpiece.
This walkie talkie has mixed reactions from the people who have used it. Some condemned it while others have praised the product. Nevertheless, it would be best if you did a precise evaluation of the cons and pros before you get the product, so you don’t get yourself on the wrong end.
The device has a size that is similar to that of some costly hand-held radios in the market. This walkie talkie is an excellent device for office or family use, but if you are looking for a long-range communication device, I suggest you go for the Midland walkie talkies.
The manufacturers of this device continue to improve their products every year. Whenever they unveil a new product, the new device features more advanced features over its predecessors. The Retevis company is popular for making affordable hand-held radios that meet the required commutation standards. This makes the radio an ideal choice for low-income earners.
Nevertheless, after going through all this and you feel this model suits your needs, you can get it today and still buy a better device when you’re ready. It will give you the necessary experience with walkie talkies before you make a switch for more advanced features. Conclusively, the price of the H777 justifies its features.
Considerations choosing Walkie Talkies (Retevis H-777)
Walkie talkies are transceivers that are powered by a battery. Therefore, handheld radios can both receive and send audio messages. These transceivers have a half-duplex channel, which indicates that a radio on a channel can transmit one signal at a time. However, many radios are capable of receiving that same signal. In other words, before you talk, you have to push a button and release that button to hear the sound coming from other units.
Unlike cellphones, hand-held radios do not require you to dial a number before you can communicate with your partner or friend. They are easy to use and also provide a quick way of communication. The best advantage these radios have over a cellphone is that they don’t rely on cell phone signals. Because the hand-held radios transmit directly to each other, they can still function effectively when cell networks fail for whatever reason. Two-way communication radios are designed mainly for short-range communications in which members of a group are just a few miles from each other.
All handheld radios come with the same basic components. These include a microphone, speaker, antenna, battery, some circuitry, and the iconic PTT button. All of these components work together to send and receive messages with the help of the radio signals.
Why we use Walkie Talkies
When it comes to the emergence and use of communications radios, there’s a long history. Initially, these radios were used only by the police and the military. However, the continual improvement of technology has seen them being used by the everyday consumer. Today, many industries use the best long-range walkie talkies for managing their businesses and offices. Even though smartphones and tablets have gained popularity today and are widely used around the globe. When it comes to situations or events where coordination and communication are essential, handheld radios are the most effective communication mode; this is why it is the go-to option for people on teams that intend to plan and manage events.
Whether it is an indoor activity of any outdoor activity, these radios are the most effective communication devices if you want to connect effortlessly within a few miles. Even offices today are beginning to adopt the use of walkie talkies as a reliable option for internal communication inside the office. Here are some of the features that make walkie talkies very important
• Clear and Efficient Information Dissemination: it is always important that there’s an interrupted and clear information flow in business organizations. The same goes for members of a security team at an event or a wedding management team, workers at a mining industry, and so on. Yes, cell phones, tablets, and computers are excellent sources for sending and receiving information. However, in emergency cases like a natural or man-made disaster where the network becomes unavailable, push to talk radios can save the day.
• Privacy and Safety: There have been numerous cases of breached privacy. For instance, hackers can break into office computers or phones to steal data for their own financial gain at the expense of the business. Using two-way radios can help prevent this as they promote safe and secure communication. This is chiefly because communication within the radio waves is monitored and restricted.
• Cost Efficiency: These radios are a cheaper alternative to mobile phones because they don’t have monthly data or call charges. The only thing walkie talkies are likely to cost you is the money you spend on the units.
• Durability: Modern cellphone devices are very fragile to handle and have short lifespans. Compared to mobile devices, walkie talkies are strong and tough devices capable of handling even the harshest weather conditions such as rain, snow, dust, etc.…
After establishing what a twp way radio is and the benefits of having one, I am sure you are itching to get one already. However, before you get yourself a walkie talkie, I best advise you to go for a long battery life device that can provide you with 18-20 hours battery life span and gets charged quickly.
You also have to consider the number of available channels. Most commercial walk-talkies come with a maximum of 99 channels, enabling you to connect to several people. The design is also essential, is it portable enough? How strong is it? If the device is rock solid and grips well enough on your hand, then you have a fine radio with you. Therefore, if you are looking for a two-way radio with all the qualities I have listed above to work indoors or use around town, you should look at the H777 Retevis radio.
Retevis is a company that is popular for producing electronics that are pretty basic and affordable. It is a short-range radio whose range and capabilities are limited. Nevertheless, the Retevis H777 can be your perfect solution if you are in need of a hand-held device to keep close contact with your employees at a work site or your kids at home.